If your product contains a chemical mixture or substance you have a legal obligation to assess the physical, health and environmental hazards associated with its use.
Chemical classification, also known as hazard classification, is the process used to calculate hazards and is the foundation of chemical regulatory compliance.
The Globally Harmonised System of classification and labelling of chemicals (GHS) covers comprehensive approaches for the harmonised classification of chemicals to define physical, health and environmental hazards.
Countries and regions across the world have incorporated the GHS standards into their respective chemicals legislation to promote the safe use of chemicals and facilitate international trade.
Chemical Classification Software
Using advanced algorithms, our intuitive GHS classification module intelligently helps you to quickly conduct complicated classification calculations in accordance with international chemicals legislation and produce accurate classification reports.
The classification module is a standard feature of GHS Professional, a modular software application designed to simplify processes associated with achieving chemical regulatory compliance.
For organisations trading internationally, we have developed a range of jurisdictions modules to intelligently help you classify chemicals in accordance with region specific regulations across the globe.
Modules are also available for safety data sheet (SDS) authoring; calculating detergent labelling requirements and producing the associated mandatory documentation; calculating transport hazards; creating Dangerous Goods Notes (DGNS) for road, sea and air; and chemical hazard label design and printing.
- Intuitive, user friendly interface/workflow
- Simplifies complex classification processes
- Supported by a regulatory reference database containing classification information and exposure limits with thousands of entries
- Automatically generates obligatory legal documents (classification reports)
- Calculates GHS health and environmental hazards according to national legislation
- Allows the override of classifications generated (if required)
- On-premise or hosted application options (SaaS)
Reasons to choose Safeware Quasar
- We take the time to get to know your organisation and understand what your obligations are before recommending a chemical compliance solution that best fits your needs
- With over 25 years of experience in the chemical industry, we know chemical regulations inside out so you don’t have to
- We work with companies of all sizes and our modular software design means we have a solution for everyone
- We monitor chemical regulations and update our software solutions as required
- We have a dedicated technical support team to lend a helping hand when you need it
- Our regulatory consultants are here to help you understand the regulations and your obligations if required
- We offer full software and regulatory training
- You have the option to outsource some or all of your chemical compliance obligations
Visit our testimonials page to find out what our customers think about products and services
Contact us today to see how we can help you simplify your chemical hazard classification processes